This article is being published in 2022, when one of the greatest sport events in the whole world is taking place in Qatar, the FIFA World Cup games. While staying in Qatar you may want to make WhatsApp calls with family and friends, have video calls while you go sight-seeing and share the experience in real time, but it won’t happen due to Qatar’s restrictions of the VoIP services. If you want to unblock all VoIP-using apps such as WhatsApp and Facetime, or you want to unblock everything that Qatar blocks, you’ve come to the right place. Here we shall introduce you with VPN, the best tool for overcoming difficulties imposed on the internet by restrictions, and you will get acquainted with our choice of VPN and why it’s the best.
What is a VPN?
First let’s dig into what exactly a VPN is. VPN is short for Virtual Private Network. It creates a virtual and encrypted tunnel linking your device to the server. By using specifically dedicated circuits or tunneling protocols over already existing networks, a VPN creates a virtual point-to-point connection. It’s able to deliver some of the WANs’ features on the public Internet, and users can access the private network’s resources remotely. In many ways it is by far the most affordable and easy-to-use method to get around the restrictions and gain full access to all of the content on the internet. Furthermore, a VPN is more than just a barrier-breaker for the internet. It is also very popular among those who wish to surf the web more privately, and feel their data is safe. Once you are connected to a VPN server, your entire Internet traffic is encrypted. A VPN will hide your public IP address so you can avoid any potential eavesdropping on your online activities by hackers of all kinds or any other third party. Many VPN service providers use impeccable security features, such as AES-256 encryption and the WireGuard tunneling protocol, to maintain a safe and secure connection between the user’s device and the server.
What are the benefits of using a VPN?
There are quite a number of advantages to using a VPN during your stay in Qatar:
- Using a VPN helps you protect your privacy while making a call via VoIP services in Qatar.
- A VPN can also help you protect your WhatsApp calls from being penetrated by digital eavesdroppers.
- Since all VoIP services like Skype, WhatsApp, and Viber are blocked in Qatar, a VPN is necessary to use their services.
- A VPN encrypts all your online traffic and hides your public IP address.
- A VPN can unblock any app, website, or online service that is blocked by Qatari authorities.
- Having a VPN has other benefits like protecting your privacy and preventing eavesdroppers from spying on your online activities by encrypting your traffic.
- Almost all major VPN providers have high-speed servers in different countries. You can switch your IP to that of any country of your own choosing. So they can undo geo-restrictions, enabling you to access content that otherwise, was geographically out of reach. Because of it, once you are connected to a VPN you can unblock streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and YouTubeTV with the IP of your own country while you’re staying in Qatar or anywhere inside the MENA region.
- Many VPN apps have extra features, such as a kill-switch. It continuously monitors your connection to the remote server in order to prevent your device from seeking unauthorized connections. It blocks your device’s or app’s internet access if a VPN connection is terminated accidentally and unknowingly.
How can a VPN Help you Unblock WhatsApp Calls in Qatar?
VPNs enable you to unblock any app, website, or online service in Qatar.
To unblock WhatsApp call-feature in Qatar, you just have to find a reliable VPN provider to purchase from. Our recommendation is a MenaVPN account. Read the next chapter to learn how you set it up and how troubleshoot.
How to set up your VPN to unblock WhatsApp calls in Qatar on any device?
Normally when you’ve downloaded the VPN according to your device you can simply turn on the VPN with a single tap or click on the “Connect” button. In case this doesn’t lift the filteration you need to check for alternative servers and change your current one by choosing one. If you still run into problems with your WhatsApp calls, change the ports from Ikev to R8 or other ports listed to see if you get better results. In case you still weren’t able to make WhatsApp calls, just send us a message on our WhatsApp chat or the in-app support section of the MenaVPN iOS or Android app.
What are the most important features to look for in a VPN in order to unblock WhatsApp calls in Qatar?
- First make sure the company you are going to obtain a VPN from supports your device’s operating system (iOS, Android, etc.) and offers its latest updates in accordance with your device’s version.
- Check if the VPN provider has received satisfactory feedback from its former users by checking ratings and reviews.
- Get a VPN from a company that is based in the US or EU region. This way you can make sure that they’re providing you with a 100% secure connection due to the fact that they are obligated to comply with the EU privacy policies.
- Look for the VPN provider that uses a large number of servers. Check if the VPN provider has support for as many VPN ports as possible.
- The provider should have superb unlocking abilities for all VoIP apps in Qatar.
- It should provide you with a free trial so you can check if WhatsApp calls unblocks or not, before paying anything.
- The VPN provider should have VPN servers in various other countries where WhatsApp is not banned.
- Last but not least, any VPN worth its salt should provide fast and reliable support.
Although it excels in all of the above-mentioned qualities, the last one is MenaVPN’s strongest point compared to other major VPN providers.
What is the best VPN to unblock WhatsApp Calls in Qatar?
Of course we recommend using MenaVPN. Wondering why? Below are some of the reasons:
- Many VPN apps ask for payments before providing a free trial, but MenaVPN provides a seven-day free trial without asking for payment.
- Once you’ve downloaded the MenaVPN app for iOS or Android you don’t need to add an email address so you won’t share any of your personal details and if you use Apple in-app purchases for your payment method, you’ll remain 100% anonymous. In case you’re wondering how you’re going to contact us in your time of need, MenaVPN has opened up various means of support. You can either simply send us an email using [email protected] or leave us a message on WhatsApp. If none of those were to your liking, send us a message in our in-app support.
- MenaVPN is based in the Netherlands and is registered as MenaVPN Holding BV. This means the company is 100% aligned with the EU users’ privacy protection laws. We neither store nor collect any of our users’ activities. So while your MenaVPN app is enabled and turned on, you can explore the web with the maximum privacy level, the same level a user enjoys in Europe.
- MenaVPN has the lowest price among the VPN providers while offering the same if not a better quality as other major brands on the market. You can purchase it with your own chosen method of payment, either by credit cards or PayPal, in-app purchases or even through mobile sim cards’ payments.
- MenaVPN also offers, from time to time, discounts up to 60% for annual packages which you can check out on the MenaVPN pricing page. MenaVPN offers excellent customer support in case any issues happen to trouble the users, even to those who are still in their trial period.
Still having doubts? See for yourself. Download it now and enjoy a 7-day free trial!